Get help with technical problems and keep up to date with any changes to the forum.
Danté
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Would it be possible to have an area of the forum where users can upload an avatar and then link to them for display purposes on this site. I know that images can be posted elsewhere which can be linked to, but did not want to take the liberty of posting a small image somewhere as it would be taking the piss.
The reason I am asking, is that linking to other sites where images can be uploaded is ok but, some of the sites are not reliable, which leaves one with a space instead of an image when they play about.
Perhaps this function could be incorporated in the user profile, the images are going to be small and use very little space.

Just a thought

all the best

Tim
to anticipate touching what is unseen seems far more interesting than seeing what the hand can not touch
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:27 pm

I can upload images to the gallery which would then be available to anyone. You would have to email me your pic.

I'm not sure how I could do it so that it would be available only to you. If you know how then please tell me!
Danté
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:09 pm

Nicola

That's very helpful, I guess I could make the avatar specific to me which would make it pretty useless to anyone else, not out of bloody-mindedness, but simply to have it individual. If anyone wants one created I'd be more than happy to do so anyway, that's great I'll rustle one up.

Many thanks

Tim
to anticipate touching what is unseen seems far more interesting than seeing what the hand can not touch
pitseleh
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:30 am

edit - duno what im talkin about :D
Aren't people absurd! They never use the freedoms they do have but demand those they don't have; they have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.