Server time-outs

Get help with technical problems and keep up to date with any changes to the forum.
Ros
antispam: no

Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:40 pm

I'm getting a lot (70% of the time when I try to access a different page) of server time-outs. I don't suppose there is anything I (or anyone?) can do about it?

Rosemary
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi Ros

I haven't heard of anyone having this problem so not sure what is causing it. I did do an upgrade at the weekend which wasn't entirely successful but haven't had time to sort it yet.

Can you give me any more details?

Anyone else with this problem?
Ros

Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi Nicola,

I'm not sure I can really give any more details - I just get the standard screen that says the site cannot be displayed. I assume the server gives up waiting for your server to respond, particularly in the evenings. It happens in IE and Mozilla. I haven't noticed it with any of the other sites I visit. I'm with IDNet, who are usually very good. If it continues I could get in touch with them and see what they say.
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:24 pm

Thanks Ros

We'll give it a couple of days to see what happens. I must get round to sorting out the upgrade this weekend if pos but not sure that will have anything to do with it.
Ros

Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Just as an update - it's been a lot better lately. Strange!
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Good, thanks for letting me know. I've no idea what the problem was but as long as it's improved that's ok.