hey (cant think of anything else interesting to write! lol)

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
morningstar

Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:29 pm

well hello there. this is where you do the introductions then.

i just found this website yesterday. researchin an essay on Coleridge at the minute and decided to distract myself for a while and look up completely irrelevant stuff about him. like where he's buried lol. and to my delight it brought me here!
i have a bit of an odd obsession with the graves of poets i love. i just like to know where they are in the world so i can go see them all some day. top of my list - probably Coleridge and Wilfred Owen. and living in Ireland i really should've seen Yeats already. but i haven't lol. maybe next summer i'll plan a wee trip to Sligo.

anyways! none of that i really worth hearing lol. sorry about that. so my name is Laura. 20 yr old English student from Northern Ireland (Carrickfergus to be precise, home of Louis MacNeice!). in my final year now and have a dissertation to start soon and i have NO idea what i'm doing *cries* maybe i'll find some inspiration here! i love uni, don't want to leave! might just find some postgrad course to do and never leave. i don't nearly know enough to go out into the big bad world and get a real job yet...

so yeah, that's pretty much me. don't know what else to say. i look forward to meeting you all! and you'll probably be seeing a lot of me as i am a message board FREAK! i'm addicted to the things. anyways i'm off to post now! i wanted to last night but my login wasn't enabled yet. thank you for reading all my nonsense. byes! xo
barrie
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:31 pm

So Coleridge brought you here, eh? Let's hope that you'll be thanking him and not cursing him for it - I'm sure it'll be the former.

One of the most helpful books I've read was Coleridge's 'Essays and Lectures on Shakespeare etc ' - borrowed it from the school library decades ago - I still have it!

good luck

Barrie
morningstar

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:46 pm

i'm sure i'll be thanking him for it! :wink:

i've heard of that book, never read it though, might have a look out for it. currently wading my way through Aids to Reflection and collections of his letters. :? fun stuff lol. ah i do love him though.

anyways i'll c ya around! :)
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:06 pm

Welcome to PG morningstar.

I've been to Drumcliff twice and it's definitely a special place to visit. Ben Bulben provides a great back-drop.

Cam
benjywenjy
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:40 pm

hey

welcome to PG. Where are you at university? I'm sure you'll get inspiration for your dissertation soon, im hoping my inspiration will just pop up at some point soon as well :)

benjy
morningstar

Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:00 pm

hey, i'm at University of Ulster Coleraine. north west coast of Ireland. whereabouts are you? i know, dissertations aren't easy lol. i really have no idea what i'm doing. good luck with yours though! i'd quite like to study war poets actually. that or something to do with postcolonial Ireland. we'll see.