New faces

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
Antcliff
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:40 pm

New faces are always very welcome at PG. And we are a friendly bunch. Still, it is always a good idea to call by in the introductions section and say hello. It is a bit like when you move into a new village and visit the pub to shake a few hands, buy a round, talk about the tulips.

Greetings

Seth
We fray into the future, rarely wrought
Save in the tapestries of afterthought.
Richard Wilbur
Ros
antispam: no

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:47 pm

Seth's brought cake! Always reliable, Seth.

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:07 am

If you call 'friendly' a public dressing-down for not knowing the unwritten rule re never commenting on older posts, and for not knowing that one poet had died, I dread to think what you might class as unfriendly.

Ros, the polite thing to do would have been to ask me privately. Ros, the sensible thing to do would be to archive what you clearly don't want to be read and set up an 'In Memory Of' forum.

I privately requested via email for my account to be deleted but received no response. Courtesy costs nothing.
Ros
antispam: no

Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:44 am

I'm sorry Caffoy, I certainly didn't mean it as a dressing down. As tends to be the case in internet forums, it's easy for the tone and intention to be misread. I'm happy that you have enjoyed reading older posts; I just wanted to mention that the people who wrote them were unlikely to respond, and it tends to confuse readers if very old posts get revived as if current and people start a discussion with the author that will go nowhere.

Many forums do delete older posts; we find it useful to keep them, and I suppose there's an unwritten understanding that if people want to revive the poems they will post them again, perhaps with a link to the earlier comments. But, being unwritten, it's unreasonable of you to know that. And possibly it's only me that thinks it anyway. So I apologise for causing offence; I appreciate the time and effort you've taken commenting on posts.

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.