Hi

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
PaulDreadful

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Hello,

I'm not quite sure how this will all go for me on here, but I'll give it a go.
I've never really written poetry before till quite recently. I write songs (well, used to), so I'm not unfamiliar with the writing of words in this kind of way, but poetry is whole different (and higher) game to mere song lyrics, so I'm not sure how I'll fare.

I read The Ode Less Travelled by Stephen Fry and that started a few poetic notions, and then there were a couple of poems printed in the paper by Ann Gray that just got me, and I ripped them out and carry them around with me to this day. Apart from that, and a bit of Larkin, that's the extent of it really.

I look forward to reading your poems. I feel TOTALLY under qualified to remark on them, but I'll put my thoughts out there. I guess that's the way things roll round here.

Paul
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
David

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Hi Paul. Nice of you to introduce yourself. I like your name. Taking no chances in setting the bar too high - very sensible.

Anyway, post a couple of comments on other people's poems - anything polite and legible accepted - and then share something of your own, if you like.

Cheers

David