Hello All

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
Ros
antispam: no

Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Another newcomer here, though I see it's just me and the GoogleBot at present!

My name is Rosemary, and I've been posting over on the Wild forum for some time now. David kindly suggested I try this British forum, so I've done a bit of lurking and you don't look too ferocious. I'm past the beginner stage, I like to think, but could do with some serious critting to improve further. I shall do some critting now and then perhaps some poeming. It'll be nice to meet you all.

Oh, a couple of questions - how long do poems stay in this forum? Are they archived? and am I expected to crit only in the forum I post in, or either?
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:06 pm

Welcome Ros

This is certainly not a ferocious place - in fact I would like to think you will find it as supportive as I did when I started and still do to this day.

I'll let someone better qualified answer the archive question but as regards critting, you can crit in whatever forum you feel comfortable. As you will know from Wild critting is all part of the give and take so your likely to find that critting in the forum you post will lead to more interchange but feel free.

I look forward to reading your work.

elph
barrie
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Welcome to PG, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

How long do poems stay in the forum? - As long as the site lasts, I suppose - there's always the edit option if you really want to take one off.

cheers

Barrie
After letting go of branches and walking through the ape gait, we managed to grasp what hands were really for......
David

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:25 pm

Great to see you here, Ros.

As you're not exactly an unknown quantity, I think you should start off in Experienced straight away. I'll vouch for that. And if you start with your Tempest poem - or that one about the little virus, or whatever it was - I don't think anyone would argue.

And you can crit anywhere you like.

Cheers

David
juliadebeauvoir
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:55 pm

Welcome Ros,
I think you are really going to like it here. Nothing wrong with Wild (I've been there) but this is really a great place to learn how to get better at your craft.

Cheers,
Kim
"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."
Ros
antispam: no

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome. I suppose I should just dive in!

Rosemary
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi Ros.

You sound good. Will look forward to having you critting us beginners.

Anyway. A warm welcome.

Angus. :D
If you do not choose your words carefully then you will have chosen your master.