Poetry Diary

How many poets does it take to change a light bulb?
Antcliff
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Okay, I am starting a poetry diary.
Here goes.

Tonight I will meet up with a few other Mull poets to plan a recording of us reading in Tobermory.

Beside my bed, I have a copy of the new and excellent poetry book by Rosemary Badcoe. It seems to me that the world divides into two. One class, that I will call without prejudice "The Total Losers", have not yet obtained a copy of said book. In contrast, "The Complete Winners" have.

That is all.

Seth
We fray into the future, rarely wrought
Save in the tapestries of afterthought.
Richard Wilbur
bodkin
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no
Location: Two inches behind my eyes just above the bridge of my nose.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Ros is too modest to reply, but wow! -- On her behalf.

The World is actually divided into three: those two classes you already outlined... but additionally those who have boxes of 40 copies. I call these people "The Suppliers of Winnerhood..."

Ian
http://www.ianbadcoe.uk/
Ros
antispam: no

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:06 am

Wow indeed! It's a rather embarrassing thing, trying to promote a poetry book - why should I invade your space and ask you to consider this one? And yet, having got this far, it's pointless not to tell people about it and give them the opportunity to take a look. Hearing that people are enjoying it is marvellous!

And it occurs to me that if anyone wanted to order through Amazon, they should do so through the link at the bottom of the front page of PG, and PG would get some money too! Support two poetry enterprises with one fell swoop!

Ros
http://antiphon.org.uk/rb/
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.