Autumn Sky Forum

How many poets does it take to change a light bulb?
CalebPerry
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:08 am

I just had an interesting experience at the Autumn Sky Poetry Daily Forum. It's a new forum, and only half-a-dozen people had signed up when I decided to try it. I have nothing against this forum -- certainly not, given all the help I've gotten -- but sometimes my poems will get only one or two responses here, and I felt this was an opportunity to revisit some of those poems, so I decided to try it.

The owner of the site is named Christine. The software she is using isn't as good as this software is. Specifically, it isn't as comprehensive and user-friendly.

On this forum, I have tried very hard to be well behaved. Mainly because of the maturity of the other members, I've managed to leave my argumentativeness behind, but the dynamic on the new forum was different and things went awry pretty quickly. There was a deeply devout Christian poet there and -- being deeply devout in a non-Christian religion -- I quickly managed to insult her. Then, an Eratosphere member joined, and he brought with him all of the bad manners that Eratosphere fosters in its members. His idea of how to critique was the "slash and burn" method. His critique of the poems was jaw-dropping for its relentless negativity. A poem which this group had thought was reasonably good, to him was a total disaster from every angle, and he criticized it in every possible way.

Naturally enough, we got into an argument. Christine, to her credit, was fairly light-handed in admonishing us to be civil. Having argued with one, and insulted another, I decided to leave.

At this time, the forum over there still doesn't have a lot of members.
Signature info:
If you don't like the black theme, it is easy to switch to a lighter color. Just ask me how.
If I don't critique your poem, it is probably because I don't understand it.
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:11 am

That's too bad. It's good you found a welcoming place here.

Cheers,
John