Lovestruck

New to poetry? Unsure about the quality of your work? Then why not post here to receive some gentle feedback.
Danté
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:53 pm

With a Solo.mp3
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 84 times
Peter, I wondered if you'd ask :wink:

I just cleaned up my original chord recording and played an improvised solo over the top, which again lacks quality recording wise but it can be heard.

It's a case of just grabbing what came to hand by way of equipment again as the original recording was made using a five quid mic plugged into the pc.

All good fun eh, BTW I've not picked up a guitar for a while so please excuse the poor execution.

regards

Tim
to anticipate touching what is unseen seems far more interesting than seeing what the hand can not touch
sophiemerlo

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm

Good job! And that's good for a five quid mic too. My one makes things sound really tinny.... or maybe I sound like that in real life :oops:
Danté
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanks Sophie, and thank you for posting the lyrics which gave me a reason to tinker with music which reminded me how much I enjoy it.

I wasn't expressing myself completely through my writing last week, so doing the solo over the chords was a great way to make a recording of my feelings at the time.

There is a freeware prgram called wavepad, it's simple and easy to use for off the cuff recordings, another called audacity, is also very good as one can alter multiple tracks and then splice them into a stereo mp3 or other format. They both have equalisers for adjusting the tone if it's a little too bright with your microphone.

all the best

Danté
to anticipate touching what is unseen seems far more interesting than seeing what the hand can not touch
Arian
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Thanks Tim, very good. I enjoyed the melody you stuck over the chords. Now you just need to get Sophie to record the words and mix the lot together!
Cheers
peter
sophiemerlo

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:01 pm

I have wavepad already, I mainly use it to edit, cut and paste stuff - I'll have to play around with it more to see what it can do or even buy a better mic! I'll check out audacity. Not heard of that one before.
twoleftfeet
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
Location: Standing by a short pier, looking for a long run-up

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:03 am

Hi, Sophie

IMHO it's hard to judge a lyric until you've heard the music that goes with it. There's no way, for instance, of knowing how
it scans when a single word (e.g. the "me" ahead of your chorus) might be stretched over several notes.

That be as it may, this line isn't up to the standard of the rest, methinks:
Uttering countless lovestruck sighs

Nor is (IMHO):
As I caress the moment when
You loved me wondrously

Maj7 chords are the way to go for the wistful stuff, and add9 chords for the sea - but I expect you know this already.

Geoff
Instead of just sitting on the fence - why not stand in the middle of the road?
Lovely
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:16 am

Lick it love it. Embrace yourself.

Be you.
Lovely
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:36 am

What Dante says on board. Don't leave your self though...

I liked it, Dave
Lovely
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:40 am

[quote="Arian"]Hi Tim, no, haven't tried a solo over it - a time issue, mainly. Interested to know what you do with it.

Cheers
peter[quote] jeff Healy died of recent I don't but cry again brilliant guitarist you

this a sick world