Life’s A Drag

New to poetry? Unsure about the quality of your work? Then why not post here to receive some gentle feedback.
Merlin
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:24 pm

Life’s A Drag

Smoked
like a trooper,
choked
heaved
sighed,
Died
like a fish.
beautifulloser
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:02 pm

Haha, yeh this is cute Merlin, I like it. I wonder if you are/have been a smoker? I'd be interested to find out to get a little closer to the intention behind this, is it "insightful black humour", you know the sort of humour that finds calling fags cancer sticks, slightly amusing. Or is it a non smoker's view . . . .

I'll put me nob on the chopping block and say -- you're a smoker.

BL
x
I'm sick of it, sick of it all. I know I'm right and I don't give a shit!
ioansant

Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:28 pm

I had a favourite uncle die from smoking cigarrets, drowned in his own sputem. Not the way I would want for myself.
Maybe you could send it off to Woodbines Merlin.

Regards

Ioan
Merlin
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:30 pm

beautifulloser wrote:I'd be interested to find out to get a little closer to the intention behind this, is it "insightful black humour", you know the sort of humour that finds calling fags cancer sticks, slightly amusing. Or is it a non smoker's view . . . .

I'll put me nob on the chopping block and say -- you're a smoker.
BL
x
Your neck is safe ..BL....I was gonna call it ¨Future¨.........says it all :lol: :mrgreen:
dogofdiogenes
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Smoked....like a fish/kipper? Is that how you end up? I like the shape of it and the physicalness of it all-is that a word? :P
I never give explanations-Mary Poppins (Management in the NHS-rewritten by Nightingale F,. original by Hunt,.G)
Sean Sweeney

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:15 pm

I really liked this. I dont "really" smoke anymore. every now and then I do and this is how I feel when I spark up. A kind of morbid guilt, for killing myself is such a pathetic way. Dont know if that's what you're aiming for, but that's what it reminds me of.

Sean