Rat race

New to poetry? Unsure about the quality of your work? Then why not post here to receive some gentle feedback.
backinblack
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster
antispam: no

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Wet cobbles amplify stilettos,
pyramid lamp-posts shine.
Streetlight, briefcase road-rage,
it’s pinstriped zombie time .

Trains snake slowly from the station,
with an i-pod, Blackberry glow.
Chimes sound bounces off the platform,
arid landscapes pass the window.

Whiskers buried in tabloids,
Mind on a li-lo off the beach.
can’t miss the starters pistol,
won’t win a medal or a seat.
Poems everybody...poems.. the laddie fancies himself a poet!..Pink Floyd-The wall.
Lovely
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Another good write. Mercury in you it seems. I like as well the 'Rat Race' theme here.

S3 last line I would have done..........won't win a medal or seat. No need for the "a" don't feel the integrity would
be lost here unless you wanted the "a" to mean a slight glancing pause without comma. Great.

I think you express yourself best in this meter but do experiment if you wish it expands the poet and only good can come from it.
Us poets are strange mysteries to the (outside world) so keep painting for the good of all.
Love these works.

DJL
jazziwoz

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:13 pm

Love this, though wasnt sure if it was a modern or old time setting - timeless visual attributes though
swoosh

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Hey,

Would agree with lovely. nice take on the whole picture. It conveyed to me how everybody scurries around comuting. ie keeping heads down trying to look in a direction were no one else is looking.

nice read

S