Query re formatting

Please read the rules before you post.
satyr
Productive Poster
Productive Poster

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:42 am

I suggested someone should play around with one of their poems by trying it as a concrete or shape poem. However there seems to be a problem using HTML commands or otherwise formatting a poem here. Any suggestions? I presume the fact that you have some simplified commands above the box means that those are the only ones you can use in the box. Would these hold good if you pasted your poem elsewhere? In other words, are the commands actually embedded in the text?
Ros
antispam: no

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:21 am

Hi satyr. I think formatting is a problem with most forums. You can use the code button in the formatting list which will post your message exactly as it's formatted but it comes out green and strange. Have a bit of a play in Any Other Business, if you like, and see what happens. I'm not sure if the html gets embedded - I've got a feeling it doesn't. The other thing you can do is use ..... dots to indent and then change their colour to white, but it's a bit fiddly.

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:12 pm

[tab]You can use the BB codes for tab[/tab]
center
right etc
But it's not an exact science I'm afraid.
brianedwards
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Another option would be to create the desired shape in MS Word (or similar), save as a jpeg file and then upload as an image. I've done that before:

Eclipsed

B.