A Great Grandad

This is a serious poetry forum not a "love-in". Post here for more detailed, constructive criticism.
clion

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:17 pm

Absolon's Sword wrote:Clion,

I think you're misinterpreting Kris, here. Let's not mistake cynicism for cruelty. I think it's fairly obvious that Kris feels similarly to you--and that is communicated in the softly scornful/ridiculing tone of the poem. There are no monsters here, save one. The rest of us are quite humanistic and caring, if not to a fault.

--A.S.
I fear that I've stumbled into a love nest.
pseud
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:27 pm

Nah, this is no love nest. I dont think the poem was Kris' best either, even though I suspect I enjoyed it a great deal more than you. There is too much silence, sarcasm, and bluntness (check out the prose forum, for example), to really call this a love in. No one's asking you to change your opinion. Some simply disagree. It happens.

I personally don't worry about it, even if all I say about someone's poem is negative. Some things will be criticized alone, other things will be praised alone. Life goes on.
"Don't treat your common sense like an umbrella. When you come into a room to philosophize, don't leave it outside, but bring it in with you." Wittgenstein
The Moose
Productive Poster
Productive Poster

Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:10 am

...hmmm...

Love fest it ain't. Funny that you should mention it though, since you seem to only approve of fuzzy emotional shit...

duplicity...I like it not a bit.

The Moose.