Minutes

This is a serious poetry forum not a "love-in". Post here for more detailed, constructive criticism.
Derek

Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:16 pm

Minutes

10.12 p.m. 24th Feb 2004

The minutes are dying, the hours are killing me,
And the days will soon turn me to dust,
The weeks are forgetful, the years lose their minds,
I know time is something i don't trust.
unchained soul
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:25 am

Hi Derek,

Very nice poem. Short but to the point. I liked the line "The weeks are forgetful, the years lose their minds".

Keep it up.

Rach :D
Derek

Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:06 pm

Thank you. I felt there was more to write when i was writing this one but I think if less is more and the reader knows what I am writing then they can use or take this poem wherever they like. More may have taken away anything the reader had found in it.
unchained soul
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:40 am

No problem. Yeah I know what you mean. Keep posting. :D
Sproutman

Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:33 pm

I think this was your first post but i read this second. All relative though. I particularly like the last line as time cannot be trusted whenwe live in a world infatuated with dealing with the past rather than what is now and what will be as a result. Indictive again of who,what and where you are personally. A great insight, short , sweet and to the point. WELL DONE.
Aryys

Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:50 pm

i think it's about time i reviewed one of yours derek!!!

i loved the simplicity of this poem, as was said before we do live in a society obsessed with the passage of time, and i do think it's rather deliciously ironic to see the spirit of this summed up in a poem that takes such a short time to read :D
definatly full marks and a gold star for that one boyo!!
"Reality is a myth, albeit a very persistant one"
Robert Davidson

Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:51 am

Derek,

We are all subject to the tyranny of time, and I often think it is our greatest tragedy that we can never go back and correct our mistakes.
Time, as you say, turns us all to dust in the end, except for the artistry we leave behind as in our poems, etc., A very thought-provoking poem.

Robert Davidson.