My poetry.

This is a serious poetry forum not a "love-in". Post here for more detailed, constructive criticism.
cooladd

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:19 pm

I have some of my poetry on my blog (deleted) Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think, thankyou very much, adam.
Bombadil
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:44 pm

post it here, or sod off.

I'll not chase your poetry, we've no shortage, as you can see.
pseud
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:57 pm

yeh, I agree actually.

Perhaps it would be better to simply put up something you want criticed. I'd put the URL in your profile, if anyone's interested they'll go there.

Simple copy and paste, really.
camus
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:25 am

"post it here, or sod off."

LOL, that killed me.

Were you knocking your pipe out on your cobblestone wall at the time?

I wholly agree though, the goddam cheek.
http://www.closetpoet.co.uk
k-j
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:51 am

camus wrote:Were you knocking your pipe out on your cobblestone wall at the time?
Oo-er, missus?

Quite right though. I had a look at the blog and I think we can be confident we haven't just told the next T.S. Eliot to sod off.
cooladd

Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:59 am

Nothing said i couldnt post a link to my poetry ?? Anyway i wouldn't want to be the next T.S. Eliot, and i wouldn't want to be judged by people who can't think of anything more interesting to say than 'sod off'
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:42 am

On the contrary.

Rule 8 of the Post-a-Poem Rules (which you obviously didn't read) states that you should not use the forum "primarily to plug your own websites". Pretty clear I think.

Cam
cooladd

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:55 am

I wasn't trying to plug my website i was simply letting people know that i had some poems on my blog that someone my be interested in reading.
Bombadil
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:26 pm

You liked that, Kris? I thought of saying "bugger off" or "fuck off" this just felt right...

Ah, and cooladd, we've plenty more interesting to say. If you'd read or, at least posted comment on, a few poems on the site, perhaps you would have discovered this on your own. I think that's another Posting rule...one review before anything of your own goes up; poem, blog or whatever-the-fuck-else.

Do post here, if you're not too good for us.

Cheers,

Tom Bombadillo.
cooladd

Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:22 am

Well, you seem to think i'm not good enough for you. A little bit of guidance - such as letting me know straight away that you have to read the rules, would have been more productive than a rude 'sod off' . Looks like Kris has got all excited about your 'sod off'
alex69williams
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:05 am

Woah.... :shock:

I think several people got off the wrong side of their experience this morning. Give the guy (girl? no idea which) a break. I was a newbie to this site not too long ago and I remember how apprehensive I was about posting my stuff. At the same time, though, I took the time to read the posting rules while I was still browsing the site and hadn't yet signed up.

So I think all we're really trying to say is: read the rules, comment on another person's poem and then post ONE of your poems in full and see what reaction you get. I think you'll find that as long as people stick to these rules, we're actually pretty nice to them, whatever their level of experience/talent.

You know what? I'd sign up again under a (totally) different name and start all over again. That way, no-one will be prejudiced against reading your posts because of this topic. You may find some of the more protective among us can actually be pretty informative and helpful (and maybe nice...yeah, I don't think that's beyond us!)

Just everyone take a chill pill...

Al

Oh, and P.S. NEVER put a copyright mark at the end of a poem. If there's one thing everyone on this forum hates, it's the implication that we're all thieves. Just a bit of friendly advice.
figure eight
Productive Poster
Productive Poster

Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:19 am

I aggree with alex. Try a new username and maybe post something new that you've written, not something from your blog (although I've not seen it; there might be some good stuff on there). If you put your blog in your profile as your website it's a good way for people to decide whether they want to read all of your work. People are much more likely to check out a website if they've read one good poem on the boards than if they are told without evidence that they should go there.

The people on here can be really helpful as long as you can cope with a little criticism and mild p!ss-taking (it's all usually quite friendly).

It would be a shame for you to miss out on using this forum as it's certainly one of the better ones around.

I hope you decide to post something.

F8
cooladd

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:46 pm

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll have a look at the rules and post some of my stuff soon enough, following the rules this time :) thankyou.