In or Out (triolet)

This is a serious poetry forum not a "love-in". Post here for more detailed, constructive criticism.
blackpanther

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:19 pm

vote out, not in
don't let them take it back
put the European Union in the bin
vote out, not in
get our country out of this tie in
give the European Union the sack
vote out, not in
don't let them take it back
Ros
antispam: no

Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:47 am

Hi Donna,

Welcome to PG! This seems to nail your colours pretty firmly to the mast. I'm not sure I understand 'don't let them take it back' - what is 'it'?

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:58 am

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

The European Union makes between 75 and 80% of all the laws in the UK and the people of the UK have never voted in any form for EU laws to be British laws.

There is going to be an In / Out referendum in the UK over whether or not to join the Eurozone properly, even though it might look like that the people have never had a say, therefore it is illegitimate. You are right this piece does indeed nail my colours to the mast -- i want out, I think that Britain could be so much more if we were out of Europe.

donna
ray miller
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:21 pm

blackpanther wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome :)

The European Union makes between 75 and 80% of all the laws in the UK and the people of the UK have never voted in any form for EU laws to be British laws.

There is going to be an In / Out referendum in the UK over whether or not to join the Eurozone properly, even though it might look like that the people have never had a say, therefore it is illegitimate. You are right this piece does indeed nail my colours to the mast -- i want out, I think that Britain could be so much more if we were out of Europe.

donna
I'm no great fan of the EU but, actually, about 10% of UK laws originate in the EU. The people of the UK voted to join the EU many moons ago - all else flows from that. There are many things "the people" have never had a say about. That things go ahead anyway, does not make them illegitimate, otherwise Tony Blair, for one, would be imprisoned.
If we were out of Europe Britain could be so much more what? Likely to win the African Nations Cup?
I'm out of faith and in my cups
I contemplate such bitter stuff.
brianedwards
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Both politically and poetically this is totally Nigel.

B.
blackpanther

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:12 am

Brian thank you for the compliments :)

shame that i write for the BNP then isn't it? ;)

donna