Welcome one and all!

This is a serious poetry forum not a "love-in". Post here for more detailed, constructive criticism.
camus
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:49 pm

Hi People.

So the switch over has happened. I hope everyone is ok with the new design and structure? If not I will be happy to take on all feedback (more on that later)

At the end of the day (cliche away) i took this over as a labour of love. For those of you who are not aware, I'm a long-standing member of the forum and also a web designer, so when it was announced Cam and Nicki were stepping down from the helm, it didn't take too much convincing for me to take it over.

NOW, i've done all the technical stuff, BUT there are some teething issues. For example the url and youtube shortcodes aren't working correctly, which for me personally are vitals! So i'm looking into that. Also I've tested the new registration, which is working fine, but as the main admin, i'm not receiving the new registration alerts...So there are bits and bobs that need to be addressed and sorted.

Also to be honest I'm really not skilled with forums, BUT, being a web designer i know only too well it's simply a learning curve...

So please bear with me and I'm sure we'll get there.

Cheers Kris aka Camus.
http://www.closetpoet.co.uk
Firebird

Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:32 am

Hi Kris,

Just to let you know, I think everything looks great. Many thanks for taking it on.

Cheers,

Tristan
Jackie
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:35 am

Hi Kris,

Truly impressive, in my view! Glad to be back.

One small thing: Even though I tick the box "remember me" when I log in, I still need to log in every time, unlike on the previous site. Is that by design?

Jackie

P.S. Hey, "remember me" is working this morning! Glad to see it.
lotus
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sat May 08, 2021 1:20 pm

greetings Kris/Camus

how very generous of you to keep the forum afloat

it seems all my previous poems posted as jpg attachments
have disappeared after the transition to the new forum

amy chance you have a magic cyber wand
that might make them once again appear ?

a warm smile
silent lotus
“A poem should have the touch ... the way sunlight falls on Braille.” .......silent lotus