Obsessed with Pipework

The world outside PG
brianedwards
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:20 pm

Just heard that my poem Park Politics has been accepted by OWP. It'll appear in either the Winter or Spring issue.

B.
OwenEdwards
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:45 am

http://www.flarestack.co.uk/freetarotreadings.htm

This gives me hope that when I start up a poetry mag, you'll submit some of your best to me ;)

And also, of course, congrats - the SS Poetsgraves steams on in its march to glory!
brianedwards
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:49 am

Oh dear! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll withdraw my work immediately.

B.
Ros

Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:22 pm

brianedwards wrote:Oh dear! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll withdraw my work immediately.

B.
I hope that's a joke - the poems he publishes are generally rather good. Production quality isn't great, though.

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.
Perspicacious Poster

Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:33 pm

I've withdrawn it but he hasn't replied yet. I don't want to appear to endorse such nonsense, and feel embarrassed I didn't notice that before submitting.

B.
delph_ambi
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Congratulations on being accepted, and being principled enough to withdraw.
brianedwards
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks Cathy. It's important I think.
And Owen, if you were to start a magazine I wouldn't let my knowledge of your religious views affect my decision as to whether or not to submit. However, if you were to use your magazine/website to promote your views I would most certainly abstain.

B.
OwenEdwards
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:51 pm

brianedwards wrote:Thanks Cathy. It's important I think.
And Owen, if you were to start a magazine I wouldn't let my knowledge of your religious views affect my decision as to whether or not to submit. However, if you were to use your magazine/website to promote your views I would most certainly abstain.

B.
For what it's worth, I think it admirable that you've withdrawan your submission; I probably wouldn't in the same circumstances, for a couple of reasons, but I do understand and respect yours, and there are certainly parallel circumstances where I would similarly abstain.
David

Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Congratulations on the acceptance, Brian. The connection - pretty remote, though, surely? - to the Tarot readings wouldn't have bothered me, although I'm not by any means a devotee, but I admire your sense of propriety on this occasion.

Seasonal cheers

David
brianedwards
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 am

Well, having received no response to my request to withdraw, I did receive a copy of the issue in which it has been published. And the cover of said issue contains a wonderfully tacky picture of a palmistry map! I wonder if the editor has foreseen the angry email I'm about to send him . . .

B.
Nash

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:51 pm

brianedwards wrote:I wonder if the editor has foreseen the angry email I'm about to send him . . .
Had a reply yet?
OwenEdwards
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:09 pm

I submitted to the Flarestacks Poet pamphlet comp, which is associated with OWP, but not run by the same (palmistry-supporting) fellow.