Rodrigo Y Gabriela

"Senor, Senor, do you know where we're headin'? Lincoln County Road or Armageddon?"
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:47 pm

Just off 'up the smoke' to see these two - who are a shit-hot couple of flamenco guitarists - who do (amongst other things) cover versions of Stairway to Heaven and Orion (by Metallica - ooh er).

Check out their website:

http://www.rodgab.com/

They'll probably also be a lot of Led Zep fans milling about in the capital for the big gig tomorrow. Did you hear about the geezer who bid £83,000 for a ticket to see them. Knebworth tickets - way back when - were only £7.50. My mate went but I declined (bad decision?). But I did see Page and Plant about 10 years ago in Birmingham. However, Led Zep have too many 'baby, baby, baby, baby, baby ...'(cock rock-type) lyrics for my liking.

Ramble On.

C
"And I meet full face on dark mornings
The bestial visor, bent in
By the blows of what happened to happen."

Larkin
Minstrel
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:41 pm

Cam, what did you think of the gig?

I went to see them last night at Manc. Academy. He is truly an accomplished Latin-style guitarist but thought her percussion guitar lifted the whole thing into something even greater. Of course, their interaction is spot on.

I think they are excellent.
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:10 pm

The gig was fecking amazing.

One of the encores was Wish You Were Here. They played and the audience sang! I've been playing the CD ever since; toptastic.

C
"And I meet full face on dark mornings
The bestial visor, bent in
By the blows of what happened to happen."

Larkin