part 2

Any closet novelists, short story writers, script-writers or prose poets out there?
Thomas
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:43 pm

This is the follow on from the first piece i put up thanks tom...

People are different in all various ways it would seem some of us are blessed in ways the person next to yourself are not, personalities separate our individual ways whether we are quiet or loud depends entirely on the person we are, and I think plays a huge role in our outcome and outlook on life and where it will take us, what is to be our destiny? who knows what is lurking around the corner.. Our final school days are to begin there end and for a majority a great sigh of relief will wash over them like a tidal wave no doubt, exams are a strange thing there the paper lies in front of you after all of those years of learning and yawning… sitting in the class room’s gazing out the window day dreaming grasping anything even seeking the help of imagination to escape the torture of the lesson we were being subjected to..
So after all these years the final piece of paper sits in front of you oozing fear from all of its four square corners, all the preparation and all the home expectation is almost overwhelming some pupils I even noticed found themselves vomiting full of pure fear that reflected in there trembling hands unable to keep a steady hold of their pen.. I often thought this to be amusing and disguised a giggle within a cough or sneeze, heartless as it may of seemed I guess this is what makes me different from most people, I attended none of my exams strange enough , as odd as this may seem it was of no surprise to most teachers in fact they probably had bets on whether or not I was going to take them.. I picture them in my head sitting in the public house opposite the school humouring themselves with prospect-full pupils and those who would be societies anti-social drop outs, no doubt my name being within that list, I was not a naughty pupil and loathed attention and I managed to survive the educational system successfully by adopting this manner, my future was un-determined and attending my last day of school felt almost like a amputee, like I was losing apart of me, our last day involved collecting what the teachers called a record of achievement book..
Now this did amuse me very much in my opinion this book was a reflection of your character and what we were like as a person , funny enough I can never recollect any one I knew ever receiving a bad record of achievement book, I heard that some of the worst behaved pupils even owned a good one, these I called a passport to your first job, for a majority and to the poor expected employee a complete manipulation of the truth, surely this was a false document, a signed educational document put together by supposedly pillows of the community, good examples of how to be, and what have they done corrupted the ink that flows through our twenty pence biros into a wait for it a lie a big fat educational signed lie.. So all of those years being educated by these respected individuals and they end our final days in school on a lie a negative start to our rosy future, how it still makes me laugh thinking of it to this day… with the last day I collected my misleading record of achievement and was given the farewell speech by my tutor , tomorrow is the start of your new life young man be lucky
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:33 pm

Tom

One good way to approach fiction is to try and imagine a person as different from yourself as possible and then put that person into some kind of crisis situation. I have often found this a useful guideline for stimulating ideas.

With regards to this particular piece - more full stops would be good.

Cheers
Cam
Thomas
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:38 pm

Cheers Cam it is very rough at the moment.but apart from the full stops do you like it or not ?? Tom... :)
Imagination is more important than knowledge,knowledge is limited imagination encircles the world.
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:44 pm

Tom

Can't say I particularly like it. It reads to me like a piece of autobiography rather than a piece of fiction. There is no clear characterisation.

Cam
Thomas
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:05 pm

I think i shall just deposit it in the garbage bin wasn't sure about it anyway...thanks Tom.. :)
Imagination is more important than knowledge,knowledge is limited imagination encircles the world.
pb
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:24 pm

Thomas, you may just be doing something great so don't listen to whoever it was tutting at the lack of full stops. It reads like a stream of consciousness, which is very refreshing and, hey, you never know, it might just be groundbreaking - have u ever read Joyce's Ulysses. Well me neither but the bits I have read are great and look how much literary kudos he got for that beast.
Thomas
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:17 pm

Thank's there PB.....I might re-work it all see how i feel it does need some altering....Thanks Tom... :)