gold and silver and sunshine

Any closet novelists, short story writers, script-writers or prose poets out there?
decemberist

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:26 pm

my girlfriend doesn't live in my town, but it's not only the distance inbetween the concrete and rail track that gives me concern. it's the distance between our minds, she's young and still learning the way of the world, i'm older and i know i never will stop learning, things don't just happen by clicking your fingers or looking towards the sky, it can consume you, just like life has to.

i was out with my friends last night, i don't remember ever laughing so hard and learning so much about myself, at the same time. i was stood at our table, i saw rachel's face beam in to a smile when she saw me, she hugged me almost to death, i don't know if she was saying sorry or please. sorry for canceling our platonic date or please, please forgive me.

i spent part of the night with her arm around my waist and my arm around hers, all the while, she was flirting with my friends, but that didn't bother me. i was stroking her arm and kissing her shoulder, where real life and dreams collide. it was like i had a real girlfriend, real to hug, real to smile, and real to me. not just someone in the distance, the sun is blinding my eyes.
wildmountainthyme
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:43 pm

these moments are what it's all about, good reading about someone who's happy for a change, even if it was for a couple of hours, same sort of thing happened to me once in a pub in Sligo, pure bliss, then the guy asked me to stop groping his wife, still it was an enjoyable feel.
liked this, cheers decemberist,
dan