gothic?

Any closet novelists, short story writers, script-writers or prose poets out there?
Yesterday
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:50 am

“ ‘The tawny moon hung low in the black robe of the sky. The branches shivered in the cool air and moved to shatter the moon’s perfect discoid shape. Her face was as pale as ice in the ghostlike glow of the moon and her dark wet tendrils of hair accentuated her strange beauty. She gracefully moved across the garden, her face frozen as a statue’s. Softly treading the frost-covered grass, noiselessly, the blades bent gently to touch the earth. Her hand reached out, her long spidery fingers, to close around the dark red fruit. She brought it to her lips and as her teeth broke the skin she fell to the earth which embraced her as a friend. She had been warned, she had ignored it, she lost her chance.’ ”
Rena Hands

Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:52 am

This is a very short, short story/excerpt of something bigger I think. So why is there quotations marks?

I think too many “She.” So why not try…
She had been warned, blew off the caution and lost her chance.
A fascinating beginning to something greater I believe.
Yesterday
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:04 am

thanx for your response... i posted this almost three years ago... i will re look at it an i apreciate your interest, but i doubt i will get back to it any time soon, thankyou very much...

sorry to disapoint...

happy writing!