Love in china

New to poetry? Unsure about the quality of your work? Then why not post here to receive some gentle feedback.
sneaker
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:53 pm

You cup, we spoon
sunlight through bone,
crazed under the moon.
"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need. " M.Jagger
barrie
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:32 pm

The title had me fooled. I like the play here - You cup, we spoon indeed.

sunlight through bone - Why not carry the bone china thing on in the next line? Instead of crazed, how about -

glazed under the moon - Just a thought.

Barrie
After letting go of branches and walking through the ape gait, we managed to grasp what hands were really for......
David

Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:55 pm

Oh yes. Short and sweet- very sweet. Like it a lot.

I'd stick with crazed, though - that's what the moon can do. And does it, in china terms, actually mean broken?

Cheers

David
arunansu
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:56 am

I must say this is very intruiging - the first line had me hooked.The last two blew me off! Terrific write.
Cheers.
Raisin
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi sneaker :D
i still like this poem, hope you find more time to write now the school term is nearly here! I see you get a lot of good reviews, I'm not suprised really, good luck for the competition, and I'll see you in a couple of days,
from Raisin Tree
In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded. (Terry Pratchett on the Big Bang Theory)
minim

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:49 pm

Love this poem a lot.

Crazed is the right word to use I feel.... you can get glaze that appears cracked or crazed.

Porcelain you can see through - lovely imagery.
Thoughts arrive like butterflies....
zkhestanova

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:08 pm

Sneaker, thank you. Oddly - for it's so very central - the way I'm reading it has 'bone' very lonely. Since the poem has only three lines its dissonance doesn't feel right... but I'll try rereading it a number of ways in order to have it fit. Zalina, x
"I move in strange tropics and deal in high explosives, embalming fluid, jasper, myrrh, smaragd, fluted snot, and porcupines' toes." Henry Miller (Third or Fourth Day of Spring)