Question about submitting

The world outside PG
Sharra
Preternatural Poster
Preternatural Poster
antispam: no

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:25 am

Given the high rejection rate, and long turnaround times, do you submit the same poems to more than one publication at a time? It makes sense to me, as on the off chance one is accepted, you can always let the other pubs know. But is it considered bad manners?
Thanks for any thoughts
Sharra
x
It is at the edge of the
petal that love waits
Wabznasm
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:06 am

Yeah, a lot of magazines get pissed off by it and often refer to it in their submission guidelines. Not worth it I don't think, just send out two or three batches of different poems instead.
Sharra
Preternatural Poster
Preternatural Poster

Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks Dave - just need to find more than one batch to submit now :lol:
Sharra
x
It is at the edge of the
petal that love waits
Ros

Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:31 pm

I tended to think that if mags object, they say so in the guidelines. Chances are, you'd only get one (if that) acceptance anyway (not a comment on your poems, just on the general state of things), so you'd never have to admit it anyway. I suppose the other problem is finding several mags that you think your poem would fit in. I have more of a problem with mags that say submit two to six poems, or some such, cos it ties up rather a lot at once. Not that I've really tried submitting much yet.
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.