Hello everybody!

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
the tortoise of doom

Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:11 pm

Hello people.
I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself. I'm new to all this on-line forum business, however I've been meaning to join a poetry forum for a while and as this is the first one i came accross, it seemed a logical step to join this one.
I enjoy discussion regarding poetry and infact just about anything, and I would like to spend more time on and improve my own writing.
Moreover, and most importantly, this is a welcome break from my day job, which at times, can prove a little stressful, and I feel this could be welcome relief and definately a good way of meeting people who are from a non medical field.
So there you go, I'm a rather friendly creature all in all, prone to random bouts of insanity. I would like to meet new people, make new friends etc etc as it is my theory that arty types tend to be far more interesting people than the sciencey types, however who knows, I may be proved wrong?!
Alas, I must go, my head is telling me I'm tired! Take care,
Dan :?
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:23 am

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.

Insanity and poetry have always gone together so looking forward to some good stuff.

Cheers
Cam
Bombadil
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:37 pm

Welcome Dan. Love the name, by the way.
susie g

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:04 pm

Just registered into this site and might feel brave enough later to submit a little something... be kind!!

I have grown up with books of all kinds in the family and my dad has always written, so I have a hard act to follow.

I'm afraid I've always scribbled a few lines then thrown them away as pretentious claptrap, so I have no idea whether I have ever written anything of any merit. I try to write from my own life experience, which is probably somewhat limiting. But I've survived 3 teenage daughters, so I must have a few tales to tell!

Any support would be good.

Sue